• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

pregnant and worried. halp!

breEZygotdatfire

Bluelighter
Hellooo everyone on this beautiful spring morning!
Well, obviously, I'm pregnant. About 10-11 weeks to be exact. Everything is going okay so far but I have a few big concerns. I do not have a doctor's appointment until may 6th, and I'm wondering if I should visit the ER.
1. I have severe lower abdominal cramping often.
2. I spot regularly, about every other day.
3. I'm having CONSTANT nausea and it is near impossible for me to eat at all. and when I do it's 50/50 whether I can keep it down.
4. I cannot take my prenatals yet because I throw them up. Is this very harmful for baby? I was using (not excessively, but kind of heavily) when I conceived and I'm very scared.
5. I have strange pains under my ribs and in my upper stomach (though I think it may be pressure from my uterus lifting, not sure)

Sorry if I sound like a worry wart, I'm just very concerned for my baby's health and I would love the opinions and advice of anyone who has had a baby, been around anyone pregnant, or just has pregnancy knowledge.
Any help is greatly welcomed. Thanks in advance!

I think you should go to the hospital or at least the doctor immediately... thats a lot of stuff to be worried about imo!

I got some baby books today and they assured me that alot of the things i'm worried about are completely normal, and that most expecting mothers that have these things worry about miscarriage etc. but it is all a natural part of the process. I'd still like to hear what everyone has to say about this and some experiences if anyone has any. thank u !
<3u PTCH and CS<3

If this is your first pregnancy, you should be having regular checkups with a doctor, like monthly or so, and definitely talk to them about this!!

If you haven't gone to the doctor recently, go soon! Start a schedule of meetings with your doctor. Be assertive about it, this is your health and your baby's health!!

I JUST got my medicaid to go through and couldn't afford to go to the doctor, so I'm waiting until the OB's are open on Monday to make an appointment for hopefullt the same day or the next. This is my first pregnancy but I've always had irregular periods, discharge, pains etc. because I do have HPV, had cervical cancer but I'm completely healed, and I have internal scar tissue in my Cervix from sexual abuse. Which I think are all contributing factors to how I'm feeling. I went to the ER but they didn't do anything but blood tests. I am worried so I plan to see the doc ASAP. thank u all again for the concern!

lauren, i know we've had our differences... however, i hope you take my response into consideration.

having treatments like LEEP or conization for HPV can cause serious pregnancy issues especially in the first trimester. you should be monitored VERY closely because you could have cervical incompetence. they may need to sew part of your cervix to help hold the fetus in, per se.

you are also subject to cervical stenosis. cervical stenosis is caused by cervical scarring. this is especially important if you plan to have a vaginal delivery. some women with cervical stenosis are unable to dilate during labor.

women that have had treatment for abnormal or precancerous cervical cells are more likely to experience pre-term labor. another reason you should be monitored closely.

further, you also need to be sure you're doctor is monitoring your HPV status and the health of your cervix. during pregnancy your hormones can cause cells, like precancerous cervical cells, to grow more rapidly. even though your healed from the procedure, as long as you have HPV, changes on your cervix can still occur.

one other issue, though very rare, is the transfer of HPV to the baby during vaginal delivery. but, if transmission occurs, the baby will unlikely experience any symptoms and the baby normally clears the virus on its own.

i hope your appointment goes well today and your mind is eased. and make sure to go to your appointments religiously!!!

When i was pregnant my stomach would hurt. Kinda like a sore pain. The doctor said it was completely normal, but if you are worried about the pains then go to the doctor. Better safe than sorry. The nausea and the prenatal vitamins making you sick is totally normal.

FuturePig, honestly, I teared up while reading this because it seems you actually care. For some odd reason I take bl very seriously (even when I shouldnt) and care what everyone sees in me. Thank you VERYYY much for that information I am calling the ob/gyn now to tell them about my past procedure and ask if I can come in earlier than may 5th when I'm scheduled. I'm a little scared now but I'm going to get it all figured out. and also, I want to have a planned c-section I think so I'm going to talk to them about the benefits of that rather than vaginal birth, as well. Thank you so so much for the advice and help, it really benefitted me. <3

And thank you missheidi! I was wondering about the weird soreness but I was pretty sure it was caused by my organs all squishing together and one of them growing rapidly. lol <3

FuturePig, honestly, I teared up while reading this because it seems you actually care. For some odd reason I take bl very seriously (even when I shouldnt) and care what everyone sees in me. Thank you VERYYY much for that information I am calling the ob/gyn now to tell them about my past procedure and ask if I can come in earlier than may 5th when I'm scheduled. I'm a little scared now but I'm going to get it all figured out. and also, I want to have a planned c-section I think so I'm going to talk to them about the benefits of that rather than vaginal birth, as well. Thank you so so much for the advice and help, it really benefitted me. <3

i'm actually pretty nice, believe it or not. :) you remind me a lot of my kid sister. stubborn, at times annoying and definitely in need of some guidance.

i hope i didn't scare you, but it is really important to be informed. i just want you and baby to be healthy. <3

also, really weigh the benefits of an elective c-section vs. vaginal delivery. most doctors won't willingly perform a planned cesarean; there's a lot of controversy behind them. one day (when i'm really old! ;)) and i decide to have children, i'm definitely wanting to look into a natural water birth.

keep us informed! i'd love to hear how you're progressing!

I'm with futurepig, I know we have had our differences and you aren't always found of me but I really hope things are ok. Sounds like you have been through a lot already and this baby is certainly something special to have happened at all. But there is a lot of risk and I'm concerned for you. Please keep updated and see someone as soon as you can get in.
I'll be thinking of you.
<3

If the spotting becomes pink or red, go to the ER ASAP.
Spotting can be totally normal, but usually it stays a dark color if its safe.
As far as food goes, you might try drinking something like ensure or something to give yourself some vitamins and nutrition.
Let us know how things go at the Dr.!!
I hope all is well! <3

I LOVE U GUYS i really do. I went to my first appointment and everything seemed normal, though I havnt done any blood work yet. I got my first sonogram as well and i'm going to scan them and post as soon as i can. Futurepig and pillthrill are sweet and i'm sorry for judging! (i AM stubborn and annoying and in need of guidance. trust me. lol) <3 I will update some more after my next appointment in three days. also the pictures are coming soon !

keep crackers next to your bed and eat them before you get up to help with nausea.

also take your pre-natal pills at night (preferably after a big meal) so you can sleep off the sickness.

eat whatever you can! listen to your body and make sure to get plenty of fluids.

if eating makes you sick try drinking something with nutrients in it.

if drinking makes you sick try eating something that has water or juices in it (fruit, lettuce,etc)

ginger is supposed to help ease nausea, but i couldn't stand it i think it made me sicker lol but thats something to try.

i think its b6 vitamins that also help with nausea...not sure though, check w/your doctor.

hope that helps and congratulations!!!!!

o yeah, also eating candy that you can suck on especially peppermint helps a lot with nausea!

^VERY good advice, thank you! I found that ginger cookies and eating vitamins when I can't eat helps alottt

but like I have a problem, my morning sickness is over for the most part, but I'M STILL getting nauseous as hell. a different kind of nauseous. The kind I got every morning BEFORE I was pregnant....from my allergies I have alot of mucous and it causes me to cough and retch and gag in the mornings, until I spew. I really don't know why, but my stomach convulses when I feel the mucous in my throat and chest. I think it's anxiety related? anyone with any advice about this plz help lol

sonogram thyme!!!!!!!

6i61hc.jpg

<3 my little jellybean

is it just me or does the baby look like he/she is wearing a ski mask?

well it's not the baby exactly, like the picture to me looks like a guy looking to the right while wearing a ski mask. and his ear is somehow visible... like theres a hole in the side for his ear?

I really should not smoke in the mornings...

is it just me or does the baby look like he/she is wearing a ski mask?

well it's not the baby exactly, like the picture to me looks like a guy looking to the right while wearing a ski mask. and his ear is somehow visible... like theres a hole in the side for his ear?

I really should not smoke in the mornings...

I read this and thought you were crazy... Now I see it too.